What makes Peter’s art unique?
Peter creates memorable spaces! His artwork is an amazing “lightshow of color” – a shimmering presence adding striking detail and luxurious color to any space.
A full-time professional Artist, Peter holds an MFA in painting and is also a highly skilled metal worker.
Discover what our clients say about our art.
Where can I find Skidd’s Art?
Is the art seen on the website available for purchase?
Like something you see at PeterSkidd.com?
Click on the image and a screen will indicate if the piece is sold or available.
Remember, even if the piece is sold, all artwork is available for order. Commissioning a piece allows you to customize size and color.
Can I speak with Peter directly?
Give Peter a ring at 480-586-0478 or email him with your questions.
Want to chat with him in person? Schedule a visit with Peter at his Scottsdale studio.
How do I commission a custom piece?
If the piece you like is sold or you need a custom size/color – just ask! More than half of our business is custom artwork.
- Choose canvas or steel art you like at PeterSkidd.com or discuss a custom design with Peter.
- Request a quick quote. Let us know the size of art and your zip code and we’ll get you a quote that includes shipping.
- Provide Peter with a palette. Paint cards, fabric swatches, photos etc are great for color references. If you like the colors on a specific piece at PeterSkidd.com, Peter will use that photo as a reference.
- After we have your specs, we’ll invoice you and you’ll finalize your order with a 50% deposit.
- Generally, we require a 4-6 week turnaround.
- When your piece is built and painted, we’ll email you a photo and/or video for your approval. Now is the time to make any changes to color before the final protective clear coat is applied. Upon final approval, we’ll provide you with a final invoice. When we’ve received your balance payment, your piece will be professionally crated and shipped.
What is the try before you buy program?
- Peter has a try before you buy program to help you pick the right piece for your space.
- Schedule an in-home visit in in the Phoenix area to try before you buy.
- Have Peter bring by a collection of his work to see which style, size and color best compliments your space.
Does Peter partner with Designers and Art Consultants?
- Peter partners with Designers and Art Consultants to bring his unique steel sculpture and bold, large-scale canvas paintings to public spaces, hospitals, restaurants, hotels and more.
- Artwork includes custom designed, easy to install hardware.
- Security hardware available upon request.
- Peter’s client list includes:
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- St. Francis Hospital, Indianapolis
- Healthcare facilities
I need quick turnaround.
Rush service is available for existing artwork and custom pieces. Contact Peter to discuss his current schedule.
How does shipping work?
Peter uses a local, trusted crating company to pack and ship his art domestically and internationally. Shipping is an additional cost. While crating/shipping can be up to 10% of the cost of the art, there are no surprises – we’ll get you a solid shipping quote before you make your order.
What is "Enclosed" vs. "Open" Sides?
We offer two options for our waves. You may have your piece built with enclosed steel sides or with open sides. If your piece will hang vertically, some collectors choose closed sides to hide the steel frame welded to the back of the art. Closed sides hides the rear structure but adds to the cost – when asking for a quote, please specify closed or open sides.